Banana Nut Muffins
These Banana Nut Muffins are soft, tender, and bursting with sweet, ripe banana flavor and crunchy, nutty goodness in every bite. They make the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert, and are sure to satisfy your cravings.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup chopped walnut
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease a muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir just until the ingredients are combined.
- Gently fold in the mashed bananas and chopped walnuts.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make sure to use very ripe bananas for the best flavor in these muffins.
- You can use any type of nuts you like in this recipe. Chopped pecans or almonds would also be delicious.
- These muffins freeze well, so you can make a batch and save some for later. Just place the cooled muffins in a sealable bag or container and freeze them for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy them, thaw the muffins at room temperature or microwave them for a few seconds.
- These muffins are delicious on their own, but you can also serve them with a slathering of butter or cream cheese for an extra indulgent treat.